SPECIAL!! Guaranteed departure from 4 persons!
Yared Tour & Travel organizes special archaeological-historical group tours in Ethiopia with a varied 17 days Tour program to discover “Archaeological and Historical Ethiopia” (click here to read the day to day program).
You can book this tour also as an individual tour with your own departure date and the program can eventually be adapted to your needs A very interesting trip that you should not miss if you are particularly interested in archeology and history!
Ethiopia is one of the few African countries that is rich in archaeological and historical sites from pre-history to present days.
The Afar and Awash area, where the Australopithecus afarensis and Ardipithecus ramidus have been found, Melka Konture-the site of tens of thousands stone age tools, numerous cave paintings, Axum with its many treasures from which more than 90% is still hidden underground, the temples of Yeha and Almaqah, medieval rock-hewn churches in Lalibela and Tigray, many stelle fields in southern Ethiopia ......... This is just a small list of the many interesting archaeological and historical sites in Ethiopia, which is truly a paradise for travelers who are specifically interested in archeology and history!
TRAVEL DATES 2016-2017
SUN. 4 DEC.2016 (day 1 of the tour program) - TUE.20 DEC.2016 (day 17 of the tour program). TOUR CODE AR1612
SUN.22 JAN.2017 (day 1 of the tour program)-TUE.7 FEB.2017 (day 17 of the tour program). TOURCODE AR1701
You can book up to 2 months before date of commencement via our application form (only fill in the following fields: applicant, information about the group , Tour Code, and if necessary: important remarks ).
Booking of intercontinental flights:
You book your own intercontinental flight and arrange your transfer to the hotel where you become acquainted with the group on day 1 of the program at breakfast time. On your request we can book your intercontinental flight and/or extra hotelnight(s) and/or arrange airport transfer(s). Your arrival date must be 1 day before the above mentioned start date of the tourprogram or early morning on the start date. The tour is finished on day 17 after the farewell dinner.
Extentsion of the tour to South Ethiopia (Tribes of the Omo Valley) on individual basis or together with other members of your group is possible on request.
Any extension as you wish can be arranged.
The definite tourprice depends on the groupsize (see price schedule hereunder) and will only be fixed 2 months before commencement of the tour. You will receive information about the definite price and herafter we send you the tour agreement and invoice.
INCLUDED IN THE TOURPRICE:
- Rent of Well maintained and insured Vehicles (minibus or coaster bus which depends on the group size)
- Use of landcruisers for the desert excursions to Hadar and Aramis
- English speaking experienced drivers.
- Privat English speaking guide who is specialized on history and archaeology
- Hotel bookings conform the tour program
- All excursion costs conform the tour program incl. entrances, local guides, scouts (except optional excursions)
- Full board meals
- 1-3 litre bottled spring water p.p. per day
- Cooking and camping equipment during 2 camping days at Hadar (bring only your own blanket)
- Professional cook to prepare meals during camping
- Service costs, tax.
- Intercontinental Airtickets.
- Domestic flights Addis Abeba-Lalibela and Lalibela-Axum (you pay this separate; if you fly Intercontintental with Ethiopian Airlines: appr. $150,00 / ,135,00 Euro /110 pound p.p.; If you fly intercontinental with another airlines: (appr. $ 330 / 300,- Euro /245 pound p.p., prices are subject to change)
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Tips and payment for use video camera on the historical sites.
- Excursions or entrances which are not mentioned in the program or which are mentioned as Optional (facultatief)