INDIVIDUAL CUSTOMIZED TOURS
It is our greatest pleasure and dedication to advice you and prepare a tailor made tourprogram exactly as you want it.
In addition, we also have standard tour programs that may be used as a basis for your individual program. Such a standard program can be extended or shortened, two programs can be combined or a hike or other activity can be inserted. We can also organize to visit a small scale development project.
Read below the descriptions of our standard tour programs as inspiration for your customized tour. In our standard rates (on request) is booking in the best available three to four star hotels and lodges included. You can also opt for budget hotels booking for which you get a discount on the standard price.
If you prefer to join a group because you are single or a customized tour might be too expensive for you, then you can book for the following trips with fixed departure dates:
Desert and salt lakes(13 days Harar, Danakil Desert and Lalibela)
Archaeological-historical Tour (17 days). See under: tours>History&Archaeology
If you like, we can organize an extension of your group tour on individual basis or with other members of your group to any place in Ethiopia.
FAMILY & ROOTS TOURS
For adventurous families with small- and big children as well as families who have adopted (or who are going to adopt) an Ethiopian child, we have special tailor made programs.
Read more if you would like to experience an unforgettable family adventure...
STANDARD TOUR PROGRAMS
All our tour programs can be organized as an individual- as well as grouptour at any desired date. Read more in the day to day tour descriptions of the following tours:
For more detailed background information about the sights which are mentioned in the tour programs read about Ethiopia
Other interesting tour programs:
- Trekking in the Bale Mountains, an unspoilt mountain-wilderness with forests, moor land, extensive heather-fields, rivers, streams, alpine lakes where more than 60 mammals and 260 bird species have their home. This is really a relaxed "back to nature" experience. Short treks of 2 or 3 days, long treks of 7 - 10 days and everything in between is possible.
- Trekking in the Semien Mountains with its impressive beauty and dramatic views, described as the most marvellous of Abyssinian landscapes. Here you can climb the highest peak of Ethiopia: Ras Dashen (4543 meter). Treks from 2 - around 10 days can be organized.
- Bird Watching Tour (10 or more days) brings you to te most beautiful places in Ethiopia to observe the amazing, beautiful variety of endemic (23 species) and non-endemic birds (totally 835 species).
- Dire Dawa and Harar, the thousand year old walled Muslim city, which is considered by some Muslims as the most important pilgrimage place after Jerusalem, Mekka, and Medina. A city full of monuments which speak of a rich and eventful past (you can add this trip to tour programs of North- and South Ethiopia).
- OTHER ADVENTUROUS ACTIVITIES:
- Cultural trekkings where contact with the locals is the main goal. We organize walking trips in Konso and Dorze area or to villages of Hamer-, Ari- and Mursi tribes. Spend the night(s) camping by the village or even in the house of a local family.
- Trekking in Gheralta mountains (North-Ethiopia) with visit(s) to the "hidden gems of Gheralta"-wonderful rock hewn churches, most of the time hewn out on mountain tops so the climb to such churches is an adventure in itself
- Trekking in the beautiful Lasta mountains around Lalibela with visit to rock hewn church(es) in the mountains and villages where you eventually can sleep at home by a family
- Mountain bike tours: around lake Awassa or lake Langano or in Bahir Dar and surroundings.
- Game drive (combined with walking) in a National Park or protected area such as Awash National Park, Nech Sar National Park, Kafa Biosphere reserve (www.kafa-biosphere.com), Guassa Community Conservation Area (www.guassaarea.org) where you sleep in a lodge, guesthouse or on a campsite