HARAR, AWASH NP, DANAKIL AND LALIBELA
With Timkat feast in Mekele (during the January tour)
Highlights of this tour are the extraordinary saltformations of Dallol Depression, a camel trek to the unique active lava lake of Erta Ale volcano, Danakil salt lakes. the 11 rock hewn churches of Lalibela and during the January tour the Timkat celebration in Mekele. In Danakil we make use of tents or sleep in the open air. This is an adventurous tour for travellers with a good (health)condition who can tolerate a temperature above 40 degrees Celcius.
TRAVEL DATES 2016-2017:
SUN. 21 FEB.2016 (Day 1 of the program)– FRI. 4 MARCH. 2016 (daY 13 of the program) Tourcode DK162102
SUN.16 OCT.2016 (Day 1) - FRI. 28 OCT. 2016 (day 13) Tourcode DK161610
SUN.13 NOV.2016 (Day 1) - FRI. 25 NOV. 2016 (day 13) Tourcode DK161311
SUN.11 DEC.2016 (Day 1) - FRI. 23 DEC. 2016 (day 13) Tourcode DK161112
MON. 9 JAN .2017 (Day 1) - SAT.21 JAN. 2017 (day 13) Tourcode DK170901
You can read the day to day program in Desert and Salt lakes.
The Tour has 1 domestic flight from Lalibela back to Addis Abeba
You can book up to 1 month before date of commencement via our application form (only fill in the following fields: applicant, information about the group, Tour Code, and if necessary: important remarks). You can book this journey also as an individual tour at any desired date.
Booking of intercontinental flights:
In principle you book your own intercontinental flight and arrange your transfer to the hotel where you become acquainted with the group on day 1 of the program at breakfast time. On your request we can book your intercontinental and/or arrange a transfer on arrival. Your travel day must be on the above mentioned start date of the tourprogam.
The tour ends on day 13 after the farewell dinner.
Extentsion of the tour to North Ethiopia (Axum, Gondar, Semien Mountains and/or Bahir Dar), Rift- and Omo valley and/or West Ethiopia on individual basis or together with other members of your group is possible on request.
The definite tourprice depends on the groupsize (see price schedule hereunder) and will only be fixed on 1 october. You will receive information about the definite price after 1 october and if you agree with the price, we send you the tour agreement and invoice.
RATES PER PERSON
4-6 persons: 2.250 Euro / 2.475 USD
7-10 persons: 1.980 Euro / 2.180 USD
Single room supplement: 260 Euro / 275 USD
Domestic flight Lalibela-Addis:
-If you fly Intercontinental with Ethiopian Airlines: appr. 50 Euro /60 USD p.p. if we book for you in Addis (you can eventually book the domestic flight yourself together with your Intercontinental fligth)
-If you fly Intercontinental with another airlines: 150 Euro / 165 USD p.p.
INCLUDED IN THE TOURPRICE
- Well-maintained and insured land cruiser(s) with experienced English speaking driver(s)
- Fuel for the whole tour (so no extra fuel costs)
- Extra landcruiser day 5 – 10*
- Experienced English speaking guide day 5 – 10 in Danakil
- Domestic flight Lalibela-Addis (against extra payment according to price information above)
- Cook to prepare your meals during camping days
- Camping- and kitchen equipment
- Camping fees including guards
- Hotel bookings conform the program
- Full board meals, tea, coffee, and soft drinks during camping days (day 5 dinner, day 6 – 9 full board, day 10 breakfast).
- Bottled spring water during the whole trip
- All excursion costs and entrance fees of excursions conform the tour program
- All costs for Danakil expedition*
- Domestic flight Lalibela-Addis
- Service costs, tax and registration fees.
- Intercontinental Airtickets
- Lunches, dinners & drinks (appr. $23 / 20 Euro /16 pound p.p. per day)
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, coffee&tea (except 1 drink during meals)
- Tips and payment for use of video camera
- Excursions or entrances, which are not mentioned in the program.
Note that an extra landcruiser is necessary because we are obliged by the Afar authorities to be accompanied by different armed policemen and local guides or road leaders. These people must be paid.